Friday, July 9, 2010

Reply to the first comment ......

Hi Rory,

Thanks for the kind comments (my fist one); I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one reading these entries.

To answer your question, cyclosportifes are an open category - participants are of all abilities, are male and female, and range in age from early twenties to early sixties.

One of the guys in my finishing group for 'La Coeur de Bretagne' was a 61-year old Englishman, another was in his twenties - I managed to beat them both in the sprint finish - by the way!

In 'La Bernard Hinault’ (St Brieuc) we actually had some current professionals in the 195 kms race. I guess they were doing it for training purposes or to catch the eye of M. Hinault who is still heavily involved in the professional scene - see him on the coverage of the Tour de France - ITV4.

By the way, my next race is likely to be 'La Cyclo Morbihan' on 20th August. But watch out for a Q&A entry this week sometime.

Cheers, K

No comments:

Post a Comment