Saturday, August 27, 2011

Neant-sur-Ivel (56) - Pass’Cyclisme 21st August 2011 - (D3-4) – (3.7kmsx15laps – 56kms)


Alliteratively speaking the Neant race was hot, hilly and horrible.
In a nutshell, I was dropped early on, and chugged away for about 12 laps all on my lonesome, slowly melting in the 30+degree heat. The whole thing was a blur of grinding hills, and being passed y the D1/2 racers three times and the D3/3 riders once or twice (my memory os playing up on me these days).
My overall average could not break 30kph, which shows just how tough the course was; I’ve been averaging up to 36 kph in races recently.
There were only a couple of other things worth mentioning.
Firstly, Taupont Cyclisme secretary, Eric Coué, was there with his camera to record my hard work, and eventual exhausted crawl over the finish line. I also owe him thanks for replenishing my water-bottle towards the end of the race. Secondly, my mate Bob Jones stayed towards the head of the race, finishing in the top fifteen.
Result: Average speed: 29.1kph. Marks out of ten for my performance: -5.
I seem to be getting worse as the training miles reduce – funny that, eh?  Work commitments have been high lately and I have not been able to get out for long training rides recently. Such is life.
Next race: Plouay Sportive – 117kms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment